chastity formula

Monday, January 7, 2019

Nail Polish - Gone forever

A new year has barely started and I'm quite happy that during 2018 I gave up a small vanity. I've heard and read many women with their misinformed ideas about nail polish.

Well, I was not the regular user, I could spend weeks without it, but had a wide variety of colors and would pay my hairdresser to do some cute designs. But, in 3 fingers, I used to have always a problem with my nails. So by the end of 2017, I decided to try to quit using them, even the one that is just for shining.

It started as a 90-day trial. My nails, always cut, seemed to be stronger and I no longer had the cracks I had in 3 of them. Aside, I no longer had to clean them when polish was falling off. Another 90 days passed and soon I decided to give up on them completely. At one point, taking so much care of my nails was out of my routine. What a change.

It took some months until I got rid of most of my nail polish. I still have some, that will go to some goddaughters. Most were donated to a friend who likes to use colors as well.

As long as I keep my nails well cut, I no longer need any extra care. World attachment is easy to acquire in small things like this. First, you begin with nail polish, then you have a whole container of other things like makeup and such. I also donated last year, a lot of makeup I barely use to a young lady.

It's taking me a while but I'm learning to detach from things, small caprices,  trivial routines and more. I'm having a bit of nostalgia when I used to live like a nomad in Germany, or with few things in the US.

Here at home, I've accumulated so many things. I'm glad I have so many goddaughters, for now, I can start distributing among them and other young ladies things I no longer use, and will no longer need.

These first days in this new year, I'm considering, what is the next concrete thing I'm giving up this year.

I might not be qualified to live as an oblate at the SSPX, but I can work to become a better-consecrated laywoman, living in the world and cutting all ties to it day by day.

May God provide me with His strength, and may Holy Mother guide me always with her wise protection to the most Holy Heart of her Son, our Lord Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment