chastity formula

Monday, March 21, 2011

My dear atheist

Ever since I was a child I grew up listening about you, I heard your Name and about your Mercy. For me it was a given. Despite my revel side, laziness and comfortable way to accept You, that all changed in a long process that took almost 14 years and it is still going on.

A few years back, I started meeting people who had no contact with You. Either by ignorance or by own decision. My dear atheists. These showed me Your great action on others, despite their attitude towards You, and how that phrase about You working in mysterious ways was actually real, at least to my eyes and comprehension.

I often wonder, how is this possible, how they are capable of such wonderful values and kindness?. Their hearts are warm and generous, and willing to embrace others too. I started to accept them, to embrace their kindness and smile with joy to their attitude that sometimes it is more noble than so many "religious" persons.

Now, I'm very close to one of them. And as much as he declares to not need You, or that you might be a powerful idea for some faithful people, I still see so much of You shinning in him. And because I recognize his honesty and the purity of his feelings, I now wonder... how can I participate on his salvation?. No, You know I don't want to save him, that is only in Your hands. But I wonder, hope and wish, that my prayers are a big contribution for now.

Why did You crossed my path with his, it will remain uncertain. For now I can only bless him in Your name, be grateful with You and this encounter and ask you kindly if we could meet again. This Love you grant me, has found a welcome embrace in him. The rest, is in Your hands. I'll put my best, work my thesis, look to achieve my last objective here and I will ask more than anything PATIENT, so I can wait and accept how things will develop. My heart and my wishes are far too old for You, be kind and save me from day dreaming.

En nombre de tu hijo amado Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment