chastity formula

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Learning to TRUST and WAIT

Maybe because all my life I have had few difficult moments I thought I knew how to trust in You. Maybe I was trusting in me. Maybe I always felt I could achieve all in my time and in my way... maybe that is why now it gets so difficult to empty myself of me and let You pour Yourself. 
I confess to you Jesus that I have no clue how to trust You COMPLETELY. Please teach me.

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Prayer of Abandonment Charles de Foucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment